1. A mixture of one part powdered milk, one part lemon rind and two parts almond meal make for a great home-made facial scrub. You can also add half a part of lemon juice if you have oily skin.
2. Foundation can make you look natural, or supernatural. Choose the right shade carefully – it should be one shade lighter than your skin color unless you are deliberately aiming for something more dramatic.
3. If you have dry skin, mix oatmeal and honey to form a paste and apply it on your face. The oatmeal absorbs oil and the honey soothes the skin. Rinse off the mixture after 15 minutes.
4. Use coconut milk as an inexpensive alternative to salon hot oil treatments. Apply coconut milk onto scalp and hair with a cotton ball. Leave on overnight, sleeping with your hair wrapped in a towel, and shampoo in the morning. For really deep moisturizing, use coconut oil.
5. Clean all your make-up brushes with shampoo once a month. Professional cleaners can cost you a lot of money, but shampoo has enough make-up dissolving ability to keep your brushes clean and maintain them for a long time, especially if they are made with natural hair or bristles.
6. Stimulate your body’s natural oil glands by dry brushing. With a body brush, lightly brush your skin in circular motion. Follow this with a warm bath and your favorite moisturizer.