In the world of books, first came hardcover, soft cover, books on tape, and
ebooks. Well, get ready because Amazon has just released its new Kindle, a
wireless reading device. This revolutionary device allows you to read any book,
newspaper, magazine or blog effortlessly and without the need for a PC or sync.
According to Amazon, “We designed Kindle to provide an exceptional reading
experience. Thanks to electronic paper, a revolutionary new display technology,
reading Kindle’s screen is as sharp and natural as reading ink on paper—and
nothing like the strain and glare of a computer screen.”
“Kindle is also easy on the fingertips. It never becomes hot and is designed
for ambidextrous use so both “lefties” and “righties” can
read comfortably at any angle for long periods of time. We deliver your content
using our own wireless delivery system, Amazon Whispernet. Unlike WiFi, you’ll
never need to locate a hotspot. There are no confusing service plans, yearly
contracts, or monthly wireless bills—we take care of the hassles so you can
The Kindle’s features include:
* Revolutionary electronic-paper display provides a sharp, high-resolution
screen that looks and reads like real paper.
* Simple to use: no computer, no cables, no syncing.
* Wireless connectivity enables you to shop the Kindle Store directly from your
Kindle—whether you’re in the back of a taxi, at the airport, or in bed.
* Buy a book and it is auto-delivered wirelessly in less than one minute.
* More than 115,000 books available, including more than 100 of 112 current New
York Times® Best Sellers.
* New York Times® Best Sellers and New Releases $9.99, unless marked
* Free book samples. Download and read first chapters for free before you
decide to buy.
* Top U.S. newspapers including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and
Washington Post; top magazines including TIME, Atlantic Monthly, and
Forbes—all auto-delivered wirelessly.
* Top international newspapers from France, Germany, and Ireland; Le Monde,
Frankfurter Allgemeine, and The Irish Times—all auto-delivered wirelessly.
* More than 300 top blogs from the worlds of business, technology, sports,
entertainment, and politics, including BoingBoing, Slashdot, TechCrunch,
ESPN’s Bill Simmons, The Onion, Michelle Malkin, and The Huffington
Post—all updated wirelessly throughout the day.
* Lighter and thinner than a typical paperback; weighs only 10.3 ounces.
* Holds over 200 titles.
* Long battery life. Leave wireless on and recharge approximately every other
day. Turn wireless off and read for a week or more before recharging. Fully
recharges in 2 hours.
* Unlike WiFi, Kindle utilizes the same high-speed data network (EVDO) as
advanced cell phones—so you never have to locate a hotspot.
* No monthly wireless bills, service plans, or commitments—we take care of
the wireless delivery so you can simply click, buy, and read.
* Includes free wireless access to the planet’s most exhaustive and
* Email your Word documents and pictures (.JPG, .GIF, .BMP, .PNG) to Kindle for
easy on-the-go viewing.
* Included in the box: Kindle wireless reader, Book cover, Power adapter, USB
If you are an avid reader, you will love the Kindle with its Whispernet
technology. You will be able to take this pocket-sized device wherever you go;
whether it’s on a train, bus or plane or while you are sitting in an office
waiting to see a doctor or dentist.
In addition, not only will you be able to access any book by entering the name
on the Kindle keyboard, but this device also provides a built-in dictionary,
access to Wikipedia, and can amplify the font size to make your reading
experience more enjoyable.